Thursday, November 1, 2012

Desert Spice, THE END


     After a refreshing bath and a sound sleep that lasted twenty-four hours, the well-rested wanderers stepped from their rooms and simultaneously breathed a deep sigh.
      “Where are we? That smell makes me nauseous. Is it cinnamon?” Alexi said.
            “It has the aroma of cinnamon, but it is actually something quite different.” Silver Wing stood before Alexi. “For those who acknowledge the Son of Man as their Savior, He spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved, and those who are perishing—to the one we are the smell of death, and to the others we are the fragrance of life.”
            “Are you saying that being here is as if we found the fountain of youth?” Brandon asked.
            “I don’t think that's what he means, Brandon,” Alexi spoke kindly. “It’s something different, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.” She looked at the angel and asked, “How can I make it a sweet aroma to me?”
            It is a choice you can make, let me introduce you to the King of the Desert Spice. The angel looked upward and said, “My Lord, this young lady, as you know, has a question.”

            Appearing before Alexi came the Son of Man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a solid gold sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow. His eyes were like blazing fire, and His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace. His voice sounded in Alexi’s head like that of rushing waters.
            Though Brandon saw no one, Alexi could not bear to look. She felt dirty and afraid, and then she slumped to the floor. When she came to her senses, Brandon was bending over her, brushing the hair off her forehead. He looked worried, but the angel behind him moved him aside and reached out his hand to help Alexi up.
            “You see,” he said. “The choice is yours.”
            “What happened, Alexi?" Brandon questioned. "One minute you were holding your ears and the next you hid your face. You started to cry and then fainted.”
            She looked up at him then at the Son of Man. “The angel is right, I have a choice, and I have decided that I want to be a sweet fragrance not the smell of death. I choose you Lord Jesus as my savior. I confess with my mouth that I am a sinner, forgive me. I believe in my heart that you are the Son of God. I see now that only through you can I have eternal life. Thank you for dying for me.”     Oblivious to Brandon’s presence as soon as she confessed her sins, she felt a peace fill her soul that she never believed possible.
            “Brandon, I see it.” She jumped up and threw her arms around his neck. Don’t you know that Jesus died for me and you? All you have to do is accept Him into your heart and you will be saved—you will have eternal life.”
            “Nonsense,” Brandon laughed. “That’s hogwash. Never in my life have I heard such a thing. I’ll have none of it, but I am happy for you.”
            Alexi looked sad and then began to cry. “Oh Brandon, you can’t feel that way. Don’t you want to be filled with joy and peace?”
            Before he could answer, he disappeared.
            “Where did he go,” Alexi asked.
            “He went back to his old life on earth, where he will later decide that he should make the right choice, as you have. But he will suffer much before that happens.”
            “What will happen to me?” she said.
            “You will return to earth, but you will be a different person. Your life will be blessed and the Lord will walk with you and be your friend. And when you ask, he will help you in all your endeavors.”
            “Will I see Brandon again?”
            “Perhaps not.” The angel put his hand on Alexi’s shoulder and said, “The Lord bless you and keep you, and may His light shine upon you. May you always walk in the path of righteousness.”

            The next thing Alexi knew, she was surrounded by her family looking down on her as she lay in her hospital bed. “We are so happy that you regained consciousness, Alexi. The doctors held out little hope but then suddenly you opened your eyes. We love you so much.”
            “I was in an accident, wasn’t I? There was a young man involved, I think. Do you know of anyone else that came to the hospital with me.”
            “There was someone, a former Navy Seal, one of the nurses said. But he was released with minor injuries two days ago. He checked to see if you were all right and when the doctors said there was nothing they could do, he left.”
        Alexi frowned, suddenly remembering everything. She was sad for Brandon, but then smiled, and said, “I can’t wait to tell you what happened to me.”       

The Beginning

 

No comments:

Post a Comment