Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving decor


Thanksgiving décor/dinner

The entry table
Dinner for 8
     Well I am at it again, doing one of my favorite things, flair & daring as I get things ready for company for Thanksgiving dinner. This year we will have 8 people – just the right amount. For our table, I purchased at the $1.00 store, little picture frames for place cards.  I always like to seat my guests rather than give them a choice; that eliminates the possibility of having all the talkers sitting together and incorporates the silent ones so they are not forgotten. I have never had anyone complain about suggesting where I want them to sit.
     For the plates at the table, I picked them up at the dollar store also, a great buy that I needed when I hosted a dinner for 12. The silverware is sterling, inherited. The table cloth is from Ross’s and the runners are from the dollar too. 

Priscilla & John, Pilgrims

Flowers in family heirloom
 
     The décor on the coffee table is of a $5 mum plant put into a true family heirloom, as are the 2 vases on the entry hall table (one vase is on its side on purpose (if in an obvious place, most people want to stand it up) the turkey next to the vases holds a votive – I’ve had that for a while and can’t remember where I got it.    
      In the pantry is a large pumpkin with a lid from my mother, as the small pumpkin on the side table that I put flowers into. Back to the pantry – the orangey vase in background, I picked up at the Goodwill and paid too much – I think $3. Wow. In front of the mirror the red vase, which I got at the grocery store for $10 – another big expense, is standing with two pilgrims – Priscilla and John - that I bought at a craft fair on sale for $7. Now that was a bargain and I love them.  The porcelain pumpkin in front of the candles I got at the dollar store – love it. Well there you have my Flair and Dare Ideas on how to spiff up your decorations on the cheap. However, I always think it is good to mix expensive with not so dear, it keeps me humble. Oh yes, I forgot to mention the most important thing - the menu: Vegetable Tray, crackers & cheese spread, Roasted & Stuffed Turkey..Cranberry sauce, jellied & home made, Curried Pea, Mashed PotatoesTurkey,Taragon Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Rolls & Butter, Fruit Salad, Pumpkin Desert
Pumpkin with flowers
Flowers in family heirloom
Mothers pumpkin with lid and goodwill vase behind Armani figurine of girl walking dog, pangry includes a cheap plastic night light of Jesus, given to me by grandaughter, Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment