Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Time and Holiday Decor


 
 Table decor
 This is the first year that my husband and I are staying home without any family and that I have not put up my myriad of Christmas Decorations. I kept it real simple with just a tree and part of a large Manger Set. Getting the tree was great fun, I went to the 5:00 am Black Friday opening of Home Depot, around the corner from us, and purchased a 7 & 1/2 ft. tall pre-lighted tree. I can make the lights either white or colored. I love the color ones. We  entertained guests for supper, you can see part of the table above. I used pomegranates, parts of small pointsietta branches and favors stuffed in coffee cups - the favors were little fuzzy bears, snowmen and reindeer ornaments from Costco in an 8 pack for $4.97. Such a deal! The beautiful red and white dinner dishes and cups were from, of all places, the $1.00. I was shopping one day and had my basket full when I discovered these dishes. Well, I promptly emptied my basket and cleared the shelf of dishes, cups and bowls of service for 6. These are just a few of my secrets.
 The great tree.  
Partial Manger Sceen
The butlers pantry with Lenox Snow Queen
Close up of Snow Queen, the two snow birds were my mother's

No comments:

Post a Comment