Saturday, November 3, 2012

What I Do

    Well, now I have two Christian Fantasies on my blog - The Naja Haje Abyss and Desert Spice. I love to write and am currently working on a Christian allegory that may turn into a novel. I haven't decided whether or not to put it on the web.
     I am still waiting to hear from Multnoma Publishing (evangelical division of Random House) about my Gifts for the Road - biblical story about Jesus, Joseph, and Mary's trip to Egypt when Jesus was a baby. It has been over 6 months since they requested to see it, but the agent did say that it could take up to a year before I hear from them. I look at my email daily to see if they have said anything about it. I am not discouraged - just being patient and enjoying my other stories. I must admit, though, that the urge to write often wanes.
     I have truly loved setting up my blog and working on a web site that I am able to do without tech help. It is so simple now days.
     About the decorating - my company name is Flair and Dare. I take what people have and decorate around it. I have been doing this part time over the past 25 years, and have done it mostly with family members and friends. I never believed in charging clients for what I could sell them - most professional designers mark up the goods and make their money that way as well as charging for their time. I think I did not feel like I had enough talent for high-end design as well as education  in that field (I do have some college credits in it). The things I am best at are color and organization....Either way, I love flair and daring rooms by incorporating what people have.
      It has been some time since I actually wrote on my blog and this is fun too. Sometimes I am not sure what I like best, but the one thing I have stuck with since 1984, on an almost daily basis, is taking the first hour of each day to have time with God and study His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment